Robed St. Stephen’s students can be seen gathered outside the chapel. The Bards built two chapels at Annandale. The first burned to the ground in 1858; the building was not insured. The present Chapel of the Holy Innocents was consecrated on February 2, 1860. It was the Chapel, and the religious services held within, that formed the nucleus around which all other education developed at St. Stephen’s.