Bard in Black and White 150th Anniversary
In 1860, with the granting of its charter, St. Stephen’s College in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York was born. Founded by John and Margaret Bard, this school for the education of young men intending to enter the Episcopalian ministry has grown and evolved in ways that the Bards could never have imagined. This exhibition was researched and mounted in celebration of the 150 years of St. Stephen’s, renamed Bard College in 1934 in honor of John and Margaret Bard. It is intended to illustrate in photographs the transformation of the campus and student body from its earliest days to the present. The images selected come from the Bard College Archives and are chosen for both their visual appeal and relevance to the history of the College. Corrections and additions to the captions, especially the identities of unknown figures, are welcome.
St Stephen's: The Early Years
St. Stephen's in the New Century
Bard at Work
The Art of Architecture at Bard
The Student Lens
Presidents of the College