Willie Bard stands for a formal portrait. Though he was the fourth child of Margaret and John Bard, he was the first and only son. Following his death in 1868, the family moved to Europe, never to return full-time to Annandale. A small white stone was installed in the exterior wall of the chapel reading: "This Chapel is the gift of John and Margaret Bard in memory of their son, Willie Bard." Photograph by Black & Case.