Mill and swimming hole on Landsman's Kill, a free interpretation of the present Van Steenburgh site, first Morgan Lewis' mill. The oldest mill was built in 1710 by William Traphagen for Henry Beekman where the Kill runs into Vandenburgh Cove. The first miller, Casper Landsman, gave his name to the stream. The wheel in this picture comes from the Beekman-Livingston mill. (From "Murals in the Rhinebeck Post Office," 1940). Mural commissioned for Rhinebeck, NY post office by WPA Section of Fine Arts Art in Public Buildings Program; photographed by C.B. Ross and Edward Campeau.